Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multi Vendor MMS, one contact gets e-mail?

I have an iMessage group with my Family (5 devices), and I created a new one that adds in an android user. When I send to this new group, one of my kids gets left out (the android an other iphone users never see him in the group list) and he gets the messages via his AT&T E-mail attached to his phone (not his Apple E-Mail)

I have totally rebuilt my son's contact in my phone so that I only know his phone number for messaging, no e-mails, nothing. Cannot figure out why it's only him that gets dissociated like this.

Other than that, the remaining 4 iphones and one android all interact with normal MMS.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 9:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 11:36 AM

Nickolas_1969 wrote:

I have an iMessage group with my Family (5 devices), and I created a new one that adds in an android user. When I send to this new group, one of my kids gets left out (the android an other iphone users never see him in the group list) and he gets the messages via his AT&T E-mail attached to his phone (not his Apple E-Mail)

I have totally rebuilt my son's contact in my phone so that I only know his phone number for messaging, no e-mails, nothing. Cannot figure out why it's only him that gets dissociated like this.

Other than that, the remaining 4 iphones and one android all interact with normal MMS.

All lines would need to be provisioned to use MMS, contact your phone carrier.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2020 11:36 AM in response to Nickolas_1969

Nickolas_1969 wrote:

All lines would need to be provisioned to use MMS, contact your phone carrier.

Sep 1, 2020 12:07 PM in response to razmee209

I did a further test. I am iPhone1, my kids are iPhone 2 & 3, the Android is Android1

iPhone1 starts message to iPhone2 and Android1. All 3 get it, all 3 reply to same group.

iPhone1 starts message to iPhone3 and Android1. Android1 gets it as a direct text, not group. iPhone3 gets an AT&T E-Mail

iPhone2 starts a message to iPhone1 and Android1. All 3 get it, all 3 reply to same group.

iPhone3 starts a message to iPhone1 and Android1. All 3 get it, all 3 reply to same group.

iPhone1 (me) has a problem with iPhone3. only when I initiate the message. If iPhone3 starts the MMS, I can reply and it stays an MMS group for all.

I checked iPhone 1,2 &3's messaging settings, we all have MMS turned on.

I figured it was somehow in my contact settings.

So I tried initiating a group text to iPhone3 and any android contact, it's the same. If iPhone 3 is in my To: list, he gets dropped and receives the AT&T e-mail instead.

But if iPhone 3 starts the group, I can reply and all conversations work in the group.

Multi Vendor MMS, one contact gets e-mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.