Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro doesn't export all items on timeline

Hi, I'm quite new to FCPX and have been using it recently to put together some very short clips of a friend doing exercises with a very simple timeline that consists of:

Opening title >> transition >> 4K movie clip >> transition >> exit title

The titles are both imported jpegs and the transitions are standard dissolves from FCPX. Two weeks ago I made about 70 of these clips very successfully, but yesterday when I attempted to do some more I found that the final few seconds of video will not import. When I playback in QT, the exported video in the clip stops at, or just before, the end of the .mov file and doesn't include the second transition nor exit title. The audio does continue til the end and duration of the exported clip matches the timeline.

I've tried to watch the clip on a friend's Mac and the result is the same. I've cleared FCPX's preferences upon loading the software and have restarted my Mac, but no change. I've uploaded a screenshot of my timeline.

Can anyone help!?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on May 19, 2020 5:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2020 6:24 PM

Thanks for the quick reply, Tom. I took your suggestion and re-exported and have now successfully exported the full clip, so that's great and thanks!

I do still have a bit of a question in my mind, since the previously (unsuccessful) clip is the same duration as the timeline and it's weird that I didn't encounter the issue previously, as I wasn't working with the knowledge of the concept of range selections, but I can't argue with the fact that I now have the right outcome after taking your advice.

Cheers!

Ian

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2020 6:24 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thanks for the quick reply, Tom. I took your suggestion and re-exported and have now successfully exported the full clip, so that's great and thanks!

I do still have a bit of a question in my mind, since the previously (unsuccessful) clip is the same duration as the timeline and it's weird that I didn't encounter the issue previously, as I wasn't working with the knowledge of the concept of range selections, but I can't argue with the fact that I now have the right outcome after taking your advice.

Cheers!

Ian

Final Cut Pro doesn't export all items on timeline

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.