Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K – how to turn off device

How do I turn off the Apple TV 4K device? It's connected through an AV receiver and it occasionally turns off the TV when I'm not actively using the Apple TV device.

Apple TV 4K

Posted on May 19, 2020 8:10 PM

5 replies

May 21, 2020 7:54 AM in response to vazandrew

Thanks. If nothing else, this caused me to learn what CEC means.

I'm not concerned about on/off vs. sleep/wake. When the Apple TV is active it seems to turn off the TV every so often. I'm trying a different configuration with my AV receiver, to send the Apple TV signal to the receiver through a separate HDMI input and then to the TV. Can't hurt to try, and I have to set up a new multi-remote anyway.

May 21, 2020 7:59 AM in response to Tom Gleason

No worries, and you're right that it doesn't hurt to try another configuration. If it works then that's great, however if you continue to have any issues just know that CEC is dependent on the host device and not the connected one (ATV) and each manufacturer has their own implementation. Unfortunately, the protocol has been a little hit or miss as a result and when issues arise the manufacturer would typically have to patch it from their end via firmware update.

Apple TV 4K – how to turn off device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.