Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to connect to carrier data

It's more than a month now that my carrier data is not working on my iPhone 8. The software is updated to the latest. However when I insert my sim into my old iPhone 6 which has ios v10 then it starts working fine. Any help on how I can use internet on my current device? (It was working fine a month back)

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on May 20, 2020 7:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2020 7:15 AM

I’m assuming you have not done any troubleshooting, or you would have said you had.

• First make sure it is on: Settings/Cellular
  • Then check for a carrier update—>Settings/General/About, and wait about 30 seconds. If there is an update you will be prompted to install it
  • Next Settings/General/Reset - Reset Network Settings; this will clear Wi-Fi passwords, but won’t result in any other data loss
  • Finally, call your carrier and have them verify that your IMEI is provisioned correctly.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2020 7:15 AM in response to shubhi0412

I’m assuming you have not done any troubleshooting, or you would have said you had.

• First make sure it is on: Settings/Cellular
  • Then check for a carrier update—>Settings/General/About, and wait about 30 seconds. If there is an update you will be prompted to install it
  • Next Settings/General/Reset - Reset Network Settings; this will clear Wi-Fi passwords, but won’t result in any other data loss
  • Finally, call your carrier and have them verify that your IMEI is provisioned correctly.

Unable to connect to carrier data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.