Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone can’t play Apple TV shows

Can’t play Apple TV shows on iPhone using cellular data

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on May 20, 2020 12:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2020 8:13 AM

Hello there Seymourbaji,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are having issues with not being able to play any shows on your iPhone from the Apple TV app. I am more than happy to help you out with this.

Before beginning any troubleshooting, please be sure that you have a recent backup of all of your data. For steps on doing this, check out this article:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

After doing so, please be sure that your iOS is up to date to the latest version by going to Settings> General> Software Update.

To give you a more precise solution, please answer the following questions:

• Is the Apple TV crashing (quitting) when you try to use it over cellular?
  • Are you receiving an error message?
  • Is your cellular data turned on in your settings via Settings> Cellular> Cellular Data?
  • Is the Apple TV app the only app experiencing issues when using cellular?

Best!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2020 8:13 AM in response to Seymourbaji

Hello there Seymourbaji,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are having issues with not being able to play any shows on your iPhone from the Apple TV app. I am more than happy to help you out with this.

Before beginning any troubleshooting, please be sure that you have a recent backup of all of your data. For steps on doing this, check out this article:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

After doing so, please be sure that your iOS is up to date to the latest version by going to Settings> General> Software Update.

To give you a more precise solution, please answer the following questions:

• Is the Apple TV crashing (quitting) when you try to use it over cellular?
  • Are you receiving an error message?
  • Is your cellular data turned on in your settings via Settings> Cellular> Cellular Data?
  • Is the Apple TV app the only app experiencing issues when using cellular?

Best!

iPhone can’t play Apple TV shows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.