Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding Google Calendar invites to Calendar app

I have received an event invitation from Google calendars via email (gmail account).

I can open the file attached "invite.ics" on my iPhone and it's displayed as a normal iphone calendar invite, but I can't find a way to accept it and add it to my iPhone calendar.

Can anyone explain to me how I can accept Google Calendar events and have them added to my iPhone calendar app please?

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on May 20, 2020 12:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2020 1:07 PM

Hello Joseph,

thanks for your answer however that’s not the question I have. I don’t want to sync a google calendar on my phone and I don’t want to add a google calendar on my phone.

i just want to be able to accept a calendar invite sent to me by an Android user. I can see the event file .ics but I can’t add it or save it to my phone’s calendar. Any suggestions?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2020 1:07 PM in response to Joseph_S.

Hello Joseph,

thanks for your answer however that’s not the question I have. I don’t want to sync a google calendar on my phone and I don’t want to add a google calendar on my phone.

i just want to be able to accept a calendar invite sent to me by an Android user. I can see the event file .ics but I can’t add it or save it to my phone’s calendar. Any suggestions?

Adding Google Calendar invites to Calendar app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.