Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS update 13.5 - Face ID no longer works

13.5 destroyed my Face ID. I get a "Face ID Is Not Available" Try setting up Face ID Later.

A restart did not fix it. I can't set up Face ID.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Posted on May 20, 2020 3:03 PM

8 replies

May 20, 2020 3:58 PM in response to Don__C

so step # 8 in the link - contact Apple support didn't work? I updated to 13.5 and have no issue with Face Id.

Reset Face ID

If you still need help, reset Face ID, then set it up again. Go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode and tap Reset Face ID. Then tap Set up Face ID to set it up again.

If you can’t enroll your face, take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider or contact Apple Support.

Jun 25, 2020 5:24 AM in response to Don__C

Same here. I tried downgrading my iOS, followed the troubleshooting steps, spent an hour on chat support and the result was that nothing was wrong with the phone. I’m super careful with my phone, so it’s not like I’ve done anything to damage the phone. I’m super irritated, as it was FINE until this update. I keep hoping that a subsequent update will fix it. ☹️

IOS update 13.5 - Face ID no longer works

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.