Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X 10.5 update - "We could not complete your update"

I am unable to update to the latest version (10.5) of Logic Pro X. I purchased it a few years ago and have been running 10.4.8 quite happily for a while, however when I try to update through the App Store I get the error, "We could not complete your update - cancelled".

I am on a 2019 13" MBP, with 16gb ram & ~500gb of free disk space, running OSX 10.14.6, so neither hardware spec nor OS compatibility should be the issue.

I somewhat foolishly downloaded and installed the trial of 10.5, thinking it *must* have an 'upgrade to full version by signing into iCloud' option or something, and wouldn't overwrite the full version of 10.4.8 which I'd renamed in preparation. Bad call. Tried to remove it and re-download in its entirely from the App Store - no dice. "We could not complete your purchase - cancelled"

Have logged in and out of the App Store, iTunes, and iCloud in System Preferences, and still get the same.

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on May 20, 2020 4:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2020 2:08 AM

2am and I'm glad I found this thread confirming my own problem. 2018 MBP running 10.14.8. All I want is Logic 10.5 on Mojave and I can't update any apps in the App Store or even download new ones. I get the same ""We could not complete your purchase. Cancelled"

I've unsuccessfully tried everything from:

• Every combination of signing in and out of App Store, iTunes, iCloud, restarting
  • Trying to download an app with a new Account, and also in Safe Mode
  • Support Chat with Apple, which was no help
  • Dropping AppStore.app into AppCleaner and clearing the cache (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8552241?page=23)
  • Reinstalling MacOS
  • Resetting PRAM
  • Connecting to my mobile hotspot instead of my home WiFi

If I (or anyone else) ever figures this out, please post the solution.

Similar questions

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2020 2:08 AM in response to DanielKay

2am and I'm glad I found this thread confirming my own problem. 2018 MBP running 10.14.8. All I want is Logic 10.5 on Mojave and I can't update any apps in the App Store or even download new ones. I get the same ""We could not complete your purchase. Cancelled"

I've unsuccessfully tried everything from:

• Every combination of signing in and out of App Store, iTunes, iCloud, restarting
  • Trying to download an app with a new Account, and also in Safe Mode
  • Support Chat with Apple, which was no help
  • Dropping AppStore.app into AppCleaner and clearing the cache (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8552241?page=23)
  • Reinstalling MacOS
  • Resetting PRAM
  • Connecting to my mobile hotspot instead of my home WiFi

If I (or anyone else) ever figures this out, please post the solution.

May 21, 2020 8:16 AM in response to DanielKay

I have the same problem while trying to update to the newest Logic Pro X update. I THINK the SOLUTION is to update your operating system (OS) to Catalina (the newest update). Myself, I run my computer on Mojave, because I don't have the storage space to upgrade it to Catalina. I would guess that the new updates only apply to the newest operative system. You can check your operative system by clicking on the apple icon in your upper left corner - then clicking "About this mac" and under the Overview tab you can see your OS version.

May 21, 2020 8:29 AM in response to VilleMi

For myself (and most others, I suspect) that isn’t an option because Catalina and Logic 10.5 are not playing nicely yet, based on user reports. So it defeats the purpose of going to 10.5 if it’s going to give us even bigger problems.

is everyone on WiFi? I might try connecting to Ethernet today and/or playing with my DNS settings.

May 21, 2020 9:11 AM in response to VilleMi

Sadly not. 10.14.6 is listed on the App Store page as a supported operating system for Logic Pro X, and I suspect this is for good reason, as the 64bit-only Catalina will render a number of paid, and often somewhat expensive, VST/AU plugins unusable.

I spoke to Apple Customer Support on the phone earlier, and was told that this is currently a known issue with the App Store on Mojave and that it should be resolved soon. Hopefully before the 90-day trial of the software I paid full price for runs out!

May 21, 2020 10:18 AM in response to DanielKay

For what it's worth, I'm still running Mojave and I was able to get my Logic Pro update, but I'm getting that error with a Microsoft Remote Desktop. Like some other folks here, I have some things to square away before I move to Catalina, so I hope this won't be happening with more important updates. I just thought I'd let you know that it's not just Logic. (Actually, that last line seems to be true of a lot of things these days.)

Ric

Logic Pro X 10.5 update - "We could not complete your update"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.