Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"MacOS Supplemental Update"

I received the above software update as "available" on my app store... All I can discover about it is, "this update resolves an issue with launching certain 32-bit apps..."

I can't find any information about this update, on the Apple site, or with a Google search, which I find curious...

Thoughts??

Bob

iMac 27", macOS 10.13

Posted on May 20, 2020 11:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 10:06 PM

Interestingly, Security Update 2020-003 showed up on my App Store, along with a Safari update. The "Supplemental Update" was also listed.

I allowed the Safari and Security Updates to load, but not the "Supplemental Update."

After the updates were complete, the "Supplemental Update" was longer is listed as available...

For what it's worth...

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2020 10:06 PM in response to Bob Gold

Interestingly, Security Update 2020-003 showed up on my App Store, along with a Safari update. The "Supplemental Update" was also listed.

I allowed the Safari and Security Updates to load, but not the "Supplemental Update."

After the updates were complete, the "Supplemental Update" was longer is listed as available...

For what it's worth...

May 21, 2020 7:18 AM in response to Klaus1

Thanks for your thoughts, gents...

I still can find no software update that corresponds to the one popping up in my App Store... I've submitted the following report to Apple via the Apple Feedback page:

"I see a software update available on my Mac's App Store. It is titled, simply, "MacOS Supplemental Update"

The description says, "this update resolves an issue with launching certain 32-bit apps"

There is no corresponding software update listed on the Apple security updates page.

I can not find any similar software update when searching for it via Google...

Is this a valid software update? If it is, why isn't it listed anywhere? If it is not, why did it show up in my App Store, and how do I remove it from my App Store list?"

Bob

"MacOS Supplemental Update"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.