Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods pro create bluetooth issues...

Hi everybody

Everytime I connect my Airpods Pro to my Macbook Pro 13 inch 2018 all the bluetooth devices start behaving erratically (the trackpad click by itself and becomes very slow) and I need to restart the laptop to make it working again.

I'm not sure if there is something wrong with my macbook but it only happens when I connect the airpods pro... magic keyboard and trackpad work fine as long as I don't connect the airpods.

Can anybody help?

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 21, 2020 5:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2020 6:54 AM

Hi,

Resetting SMC could solve the bluetooth connection issue.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

If it doesn't help, resetting Bluetooth module could solve bluetooth connection issue.

https://www.macrumors.com/how-to/reset-mac-bluetooth-module/

Similar questions

5 replies

May 29, 2020 2:12 AM in response to j0shh

So I've done the following (not sure if it was the right order):

1. reset the SMC
  2. reset the bluetooth module
  3. factory reset all bluetooth devices
  4. remove all bluetooth devices
  5. pair keyboard, trackpad and airpods again

And the problem was still there... then I've unpaired the airpods and pair it one more time and now it's been working fine for 5 days. So if someone else has the same issue I guess that trying smc reset and all this operations eventually solve the issue?

May 22, 2020 9:41 AM in response to kaz-k

Unfortunately the problem is still there... it happens randomly... this is very disappointing, I've spent a lot of money on the Airpods Pro and Macbook Pro and every time I need to meet a customer I need to let them wait because I've to restart the laptop... Apple should focus on improving MacOs instead of launching new unstable products on the market.

Airpods pro create bluetooth issues...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.