Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth audio macbook pro

My bluetooth audio isnt working from my macbook pro 16 inch (2019). My airpods struggle to connect and then when they finally do they wont play sound, or if they do its delayed and choppy. Spotify struggles and it says "cant play this song right now". Its not just my airpods, i have tried other bluetooth headphones as well.

I have tried to fix with the following:

• Restarting macbook
  • Deleting and repairing devices
  • Updating to Monterey
  • Deleting the bluetooth .plist file
  • Reseting bluetooth module
  • Disconnecting any app that uses the microphone in security and privacy

I've done a mixture of all these things a couple different times and nothing is working. Audio still wont work, it was working last week just fine and something happened and now it wont.

Anyone have any insight on other steps to try?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 3:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2021 4:04 PM

Hi,

Resetting NVRAM could solve audio related issue.

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

If it doesn't help, try to run Apple Diagnostics if it reports audio and Bluetooth related hardware errors(NDL001 for Bluetooth related error, and VFF001, VFF002, and VFF003 for audio related errors).

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2021 4:04 PM in response to jallsop90

Hi,

Resetting NVRAM could solve audio related issue.

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

If it doesn't help, try to run Apple Diagnostics if it reports audio and Bluetooth related hardware errors(NDL001 for Bluetooth related error, and VFF001, VFF002, and VFF003 for audio related errors).

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

Bluetooth audio macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.