Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preview will not save merged PDFs

I'm combining three PDF files into one, something I have done many hundreds of times. All of a sudden (since the last time I tried a month or so ago), I merge the files, save it, close it, and then when I reopen it, I'm back to only the first document!

The first document requires an inserted blank page, and that seems to be causing the problem--and honestly, this has never happened before, and I've been doing this for years. As an experiment, I tried merging the first document AFTER I had merged the other two, and then inserting the blank page. On reopening, the blank page is gone.

What do I have to do to get this to behave normally?

Thank you,

Mark

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 21, 2020 11:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2020 11:45 AM

Boot into Safe Mode (How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support) by booting with the Shift key held down and check there to see if the problem persists.  Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing. 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2020 11:45 AM in response to mccarlson

Boot into Safe Mode (How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support) by booting with the Shift key held down and check there to see if the problem persists.  Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing. 

Preview will not save merged PDFs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.