Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Carplay and Google Maps not playing navigation prompts

I have a 2017 Honda CR-V EX-L with Apple Carplay with iphone X connected by USB cord and linked to Honda Link via bluetooth. Unfortunately in my car, bluetooth Apple Car play connection is not available. The apple car play for Apple Music/Reading Messages/Pandora/Siri all works very well. However, I have run into a problem with Google Maps navigation voice prompts. They will not play, while there is no problem showing the google maps navigation on the screen. I have tried all of the below:

1) restarting phone

2) repairing phone to car

3)Turning off bluetooth on my phone

4) Changing usb cords

5) Checking navigation volume in Car settings

6) Checking navigation volume in google maps settings

7) Changing USB ports

8)Changing source of audio into car to "Bluetooth"

I know in my past other cars, the voice prompts would play over bluetooth, and if listening to Sirius or FM radio, I would not hear the prompts, but the way I got around this was switching the audio source to "Bluetooth" and I could hear the navigation prompts. (No radio, but could hear navigation.)

Any thoughts on how to fix this issue?

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on May 21, 2020 3:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2020 4:38 PM

Double checking - My settings are shown in the image below. Image is from Settings ➔ Navigation in the Google Maps app.

Another option is perhaps to delete and reinstall the google maps app.

Axel F.

Similar questions

1 reply

Carplay and Google Maps not playing navigation prompts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.