Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch bar problem with bootcamp windows 10 insider 2004

Hi,

I am using bootcamp on a macbook pro 16'' with Windows 10 beta 2004 (with windows insider program) and I have a strange behaviour with the touch bar.

When I touch a button to change the sound or the brightness for example, it is like I touch a function button (F1, F2, etc...). For example, if I touch the sound up button, the reaction is F12 button.

I am not totally sure that the problem comes from Windows 10 2004, but the behaviour of the touch bar was correct a few days ago, and the only thing I have changed is to upgrade Windows 10 to 2004 version.

If somebody has an idea...

MacBook Pro 16", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 21, 2020 3:12 PM

Similar questions

8 replies

May 21, 2020 3:46 PM in response to Loner T

Yes, I know for the beta, it is not a big problem because this is not my main windows installation, it is for testing purposes and to have some specific windows programs on my macbook pro...

In fact, as I am not sure that the cause of the problem is windows 10 2004, I wanted to know if someone has the same problem on a previous windows version...

I have a keyboard tab in bootcamp. There is an option to reverse the behaviour of the touch bar and the fn key (function keys or special functions by default). I have tested the 2 options, but there is the same problem in both cases.

May 21, 2020 4:56 PM in response to Loner T

By default, the Touch Bar displays the special functions (brightness, sound, etc...).

If I press the fn key, the Touch Bar displays the function keys (F1, F2, etc...).

The problem is (for example): the behavior of sound up (last button on the Touch Bar) is the same as fn (to display Fx keys) and F12 = behavior of F12 key.

If I change the option in bootcamp to revert the default display (Fx by default), there is the same problem: the behavior of F12 is the same as fn (to display special functions buttons) and sound up = behavior of F12.

May 22, 2020 12:27 AM in response to _bax_

Hi _bax_,

If you a MacBook Pro 16", I would suggest you use Parallels Desktop for installing windows. By using bootcamp and running windows, you are defeating the purpose of having a Mac.

However, to address your problem, try pressing the fn key or Shft + fn to adjust the brightness

This problem could be unique to the version of Windows that you are using. You could install a different version of windows and check if the same problem exists.

Touch bar problem with bootcamp windows 10 insider 2004

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.