You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't see a friend's location in Find My app

My spouse is sharing her location with me, but, starting couple of weeks ago, I can't see her location in Find My app on my iPhone. I removed the sharing and requested again, but it still does not work. Sharing is working as expected, since if I go to icloud.com/find - I do see her location accurately.

I also forced closed the app, rebooted the iPhone, same thing.

Anyone knows how to fix this?

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on May 21, 2020 6:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 22, 2020 10:43 AM

I do see her just fine in icloud.com/find , so I don't think the issue is from her sharing settings - they seem to work just fine. Something on my iPhone's 'Find My' app is not working.

3 replies

May 22, 2020 12:54 AM in response to duduamar

Your spouse may have selected the length of time that you want to share your location for.

Your spouse has other options now Hide or Stop, Read below

Hide your location

You can hide or stop sharing your location with your friends. Just follow these steps:

Open Find My Friends and tap Me. Then turn on / off Share My Location.

Tap Done. You'll see Not sharing location next to Me at the bottom of the screen.

Stop sharing your location

If you don't want your friends to see your location in Find My Friends, you can stop sharing from the app on your iOS device or on iCloud.com. You can still see the location of your friends, but your friends see Location Not Available when they try to locate you.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

1. Go to Settings > [your name].
  2. If you're using iOS 12, tap Share My Location. If you're using an earlier version of iOS, tap iCloud > Share My Location.
  3. Turn off Share My Location.

On iCloud.com:

1. Sign in to iCloud.com and open Find My Friends.
  2. Select Me.
  3. Deselect Share My Location.

May 22, 2020 12:55 AM in response to duduamar

1. If you already set up Family Sharing and use Location Sharing, your family members automatically appear in Find My.
  2. You can also share your location in Messages.
  3. Learn how to share your ETA with people in Maps.
  4. To start following another person, you need to first share your location with them. Then follow these steps:
    1. Open the Find My app and select the People tab.
    2. Select the person you shared your location with.
    3. Scroll down and choose Ask To Follow Location, then select OK.

Here you go --> Find friends and share your location with Find My - Apple ...

Can't see a friend's location in Find My app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.