Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook 12" A1534 built-in LCD becomes black, but external display still works

I have a macbook 12" A1534. The built-in LCD display works abnormally. At the beginning, the screen could be black randomly when the machine started up. Two weeks ago, it becomes totally dead. I am sure the system is starting because I can see the backlight of the keyboard is on. Today, I got type-c to HDMI adaptor and connected the laptop with my TV using HDMI cable. On my TV, I can see the system started normally, but the built-in LCD display is still black. I already attempted to reset SMC and NVRAM, but I am not sure if I did properly. Anyway, the screen is still back. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this problem. Obviously, the machine is out of the warranty. If I ask for the help from Apple, how much will it cost me to fix this problem? Thanks for any suggestions.

MacBook

Posted on May 22, 2020 5:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2020 7:14 AM

Get an estimate from Apple, you're not going to get that from us. We're other Apple product users like yourself.

Similar questions

2 replies

Macbook 12" A1534 built-in LCD becomes black, but external display still works

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.