Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black screen

Hi,

I am hoping someone here can help me out. I have a mid-2015 Macbook Pro, and recently the screen stopped working. For a time, it would go black just for a few minutes, but now I think it's permanently black. I've tried resetting the PRAM and SMC resets to no effect. I also installed a new battery recently, and to do that I had to disconnect and reconnect the display connector to the motherboard, which sometimes apparently fixes the problem but did not in my case. The computer otherwise starts normally and I can still use it by connecting to an external monitor. It would seem that either the display connector or the motherboard have gone bad, but I wanted to see if anyone had any other ideas before I go ahead and buy/install a replacement display.

Eric

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Jan 11, 2020 9:30 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 12, 2020 1:29 PM in response to scuttlebutte23

Since an external display works it seems the internal display has failed. It is unfortunate that the display assembly on this model is too difficult to open up and repair so replacing the whole display assembly is your best option.

Edit: I should add there is a very slight chance the Logic Board could be at fault, but I've never seen this on all the systems I've repaired.

Good luck.

Black screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.