Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Battery Charging Indicator at Login Screen

I'm currently using a 2019 base model MacBook Pro with Touch Bar and I've recently realised that the battery icon at the login screen at the login screen does not show the charging symbol even though it is charging but when I do plug it in I can still hear the charging sound. Once I do log in, the battery does show a charging symbol. I know it's quite a tiny issue but I've already tried asking via the chats and nobody seems to know how to solve the issue and one of the advisers had said I am the only one suffering from this issue.

I've already tried all the steps including SMC and NVRAM reset, safe mode and even reinstalling macOS but nothing seems to solve it.

The image shows when I am at my login screen. I realised two things:

1. As said before, the battery indicator does not show charging symbol even though it is in fact charging
  2. The cursor doesn't seem to change to the I-cursor when trying to input the password.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I know it's a relatively small problem and I can surely live with it but I just want my apple product to work as how it is supposed to work.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on May 22, 2020 5:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2020 5:38 AM

That's not the account login window. That is the FileVault decryption login. The battery indicator does not show up on the FileVault login, only the regular account login window.

FileVault is set up to allow you to decrypt the drive and log into that account in one login.

Go the the Apple menu and Log out. You will see the battery indicator on that login window.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2020 5:38 AM in response to benzene1

That's not the account login window. That is the FileVault decryption login. The battery indicator does not show up on the FileVault login, only the regular account login window.

FileVault is set up to allow you to decrypt the drive and log into that account in one login.

Go the the Apple menu and Log out. You will see the battery indicator on that login window.

No Battery Charging Indicator at Login Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.