Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 2018 doesn’t charge but battery icon still with plug

I have a big issue with my MacBook (2018 2.4ghz i5 with Ventura 13.2.1). The battery icon still with the sign of plug (even when it’s not connected) but the battery still not charging. The charger and the cable are ok and the battery status is “normal” on behalf the app.

How can I solve this problem?

thanks

Fabio

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 17, 2023 9:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2023 3:47 PM

Try an SMC Reset (make sure to read the directions carefully as they are different from other older models).

Unplug the charger from the electrical outlet for a minute to reset the charger's internal circuitry. Also try using another electrical outlet.

Try using another USB-C port especially on the other side of the laptop. Rotate the USB-C connector of the charging cable 180 degrees upside down...while this seems odd, it may work if the USB-C port is half bad. This is only an attempt to charge the laptop and narrow down the problem....if this works, it indicates a hardware issue which will need repaired.

Here is an Apple article for troubleshooting USB-C charging issues:

If your USB-C power adapter isn't charging your Mac laptop - Apple Support

If you need to take the laptop to Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider, you should also take along your charger & charging cable to make sure one of them is not at fault.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2023 3:47 PM in response to Fabias18

Try an SMC Reset (make sure to read the directions carefully as they are different from other older models).

Unplug the charger from the electrical outlet for a minute to reset the charger's internal circuitry. Also try using another electrical outlet.

Try using another USB-C port especially on the other side of the laptop. Rotate the USB-C connector of the charging cable 180 degrees upside down...while this seems odd, it may work if the USB-C port is half bad. This is only an attempt to charge the laptop and narrow down the problem....if this works, it indicates a hardware issue which will need repaired.

Here is an Apple article for troubleshooting USB-C charging issues:

If your USB-C power adapter isn't charging your Mac laptop - Apple Support

If you need to take the laptop to Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider, you should also take along your charger & charging cable to make sure one of them is not at fault.

MacBook Pro 2018 doesn’t charge but battery icon still with plug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.