Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air (13" Early 2015) randomly shuts down when battery is strong. Why? How to fix?

My MacBook Air (13" Early 2015) randomly shuts down when my battery says it's life is strong.

Why? How to fix this?

It's very disruptive, especially now with all the pandemic Zoom meetings and other things, for it to just shut unexpectedly while I am in the middle of working.

This happens frequently when it is not actively charging. This means I can not work away from an outlet (outside) for long. My Battery Cycle count is 188 of 1000 for this model. And Charger is "normal".

Please advise!

Posted on May 22, 2020 9:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2020 1:26 PM

This is a defective hardware problem. We can't fix that. The battery needs to be replaced, if it's the cause of the problem.

Make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service after the stores re-open. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. Also, see How to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Distributor (AAD). You may also get Apple authorized service at a local Best Buy.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2020 1:26 PM in response to CaraMarshBk

This is a defective hardware problem. We can't fix that. The battery needs to be replaced, if it's the cause of the problem.

Make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service after the stores re-open. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. Also, see How to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Distributor (AAD). You may also get Apple authorized service at a local Best Buy.

MacBook Air (13" Early 2015) randomly shuts down when battery is strong. Why? How to fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.