Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri keeps popping up on my MacBook screen while I'm typing

Siri keeps popping up on my screen undesired while I am working. It seems to be triggered while I am typing. I have tried to disable "Enable Ask Siri" in Settings, but when I return to check it again later, it has been enabled again. It is incredibly frustrating that I have to take time out of my work day to try to troubleshoot this, no less after dropping nearly $4000 on a my laptop. Does anyone know how to actually disable Siri?

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 22, 2020 11:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2020 12:33 PM

dariusjaeger wrote:

Siri keeps popping up on my screen undesired while I am working. It seems to be triggered while I am typing. I have tried to disable "Enable Ask Siri" in Settings, but when I return to check it again later, it has been enabled again. It is incredibly frustrating that I have to take time out of my work day to try to troubleshoot this, no less after dropping nearly $4000 on a my laptop. Does anyone know how to actually disable Siri?

>System Preferences>Siri> Disable

Change Siri preferences on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2020 12:33 PM in response to dariusjaeger

dariusjaeger wrote:

>System Preferences>Siri> Disable

Change Siri preferences on Mac - Apple Support

Siri keeps popping up on my MacBook screen while I'm typing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.