Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri pops up all the time without asking

I have disabled Siri and it keeps popping up asking if I want to enable it. So I enabled it. It keeps popping up asking if I need help when my cursor is nowhere near and I haven't said a word. WHY? This happens and my music pops on every time I have my headphones in. I've had to stop plugging my headphones in! This is a brand new MacBook Pro that I just got on December 2nd!! Too many little bugs!

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 4:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 4:41 PM

sharon289 wrote:

I have disabled Siri and it keeps popping up asking if I want to enable it. So I enabled it. It keeps popping up asking if I need help when my cursor is nowhere near and I haven't said a word. WHY? This happens and my music pops on every time I have my headphones in. I've had to stop plugging my headphones in! This is a brand new MacBook Pro that I just got on December 2nd!! Too many little bugs!

You do not say what Mac this is— if it has Touchbar you can remove it from the Control Strip

reference: Customize the Touch Bar on Mac - Apple Support

Change Siri preferences on Mac - Apple Support

How to use Siri on your Mac

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206993

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2020 4:41 PM in response to sharon289

sharon289 wrote:

You do not say what Mac this is— if it has Touchbar you can remove it from the Control Strip

reference: Customize the Touch Bar on Mac - Apple Support

Change Siri preferences on Mac - Apple Support

How to use Siri on your Mac

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206993

Siri pops up all the time without asking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.