Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing internet

I have a MacBook Pro , and I want to share my WIFI connection to another device that can't catch the network .

( Sharing my WIFI connection on the MacBook Pro to another device that uses also WIFI )

(I do not mean sharing WIFI from an Ethernet through WIFI )

How can I do that ?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 22, 2020 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2020 1:23 PM

You can not have two wifi connections at the same time. Your Mac either connects via wifi to the router or the other device.

If your other device is within range of your wifi (which it must be if you want to connect it to your computer) just connect it directly to your wifi router rather than to your computer.

Share the internet connection on Mac with other network users - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2020 1:23 PM in response to Abdulaziz_q20

You can not have two wifi connections at the same time. Your Mac either connects via wifi to the router or the other device.

If your other device is within range of your wifi (which it must be if you want to connect it to your computer) just connect it directly to your wifi router rather than to your computer.

Share the internet connection on Mac with other network users - Apple Support

Sharing internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.