Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch audio apps

Hi, I have an Apple Watch series 3 that I got about a month or so ago. Every time I open my watch with music playing either Spotify or the “now playing” app comes up. I have “auto launch audio apps turned off, I have for a while and it worked, but it just started launching them anyway after I updated my watch recently. I turned the setting on and off again, I restarted my Apple Watch, and even completely disconnected it from my phone and restored it from a back up. It actually worked when I restored it, but after a day or two, it’s back! How do I make sure it stops launching the audio apps? Thanks

Apple Watch

Posted on May 22, 2020 12:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2020 12:58 PM

Hello Guitar_is_cool

From what I'm gathering is the Apple Watch Series 3 when using "Spotify" Now Playing comes up as default, correct?

Before doing a second restore and setting up as new. Is the watchOS up-to-date: watchOS 6.2.5

Remove the app and add the app back to the Apple Watch: Delete a built-in app from your device

If a restore from a back up has been done. The next step of software troubleshooting would be setting the watch up as new: Set up your Apple Watch

After a set up as new if the issue continues. I would encourage you to reach out to Apple Support directly. They will be able to provide you with additional information and review different options with you: Contact Apple Support

Hopefully this helps!

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2020 12:58 PM in response to Guitar_is_cool

Hello Guitar_is_cool

From what I'm gathering is the Apple Watch Series 3 when using "Spotify" Now Playing comes up as default, correct?

Before doing a second restore and setting up as new. Is the watchOS up-to-date: watchOS 6.2.5

Remove the app and add the app back to the Apple Watch: Delete a built-in app from your device

If a restore from a back up has been done. The next step of software troubleshooting would be setting the watch up as new: Set up your Apple Watch

After a set up as new if the issue continues. I would encourage you to reach out to Apple Support directly. They will be able to provide you with additional information and review different options with you: Contact Apple Support

Hopefully this helps!

Cheers!

Apple Watch audio apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.