Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2018 MacBook Air Battery Failure

My 2018 MacBook Air has all of a sudden had a battery failure after 109 charge cycles. I have owned this computer for almost exactly 18 months with light use. This model should be able to withstand 1,000 charge cycles. First it was the defective keyboard, now the battery. I feel like Apple's engineering has taken a hit over the past several 5 or so years, and the quality doesn't exist to justify the prices anymore. I have had battery failures on 2 iPhones that weren't replaced (was informed to buy new devices before Apple publicly announced the defective batteries and created the replacement programs), and now this device.

I am 6 months out of my warranty, and am now responsible to purchase a battery replacement. I don't understand why Apple isn't willing to accept that this device is has clearly had issues, and replace the battery instead of forcing me to fight for what I, and likely many others with this device, deserve. My devices are treated better than most people's children. This is clearly an Apple issue, and despite being out of warranty, I do expect for Apple to replace this free of charge. Definitely the last Apple device that I purchase moving forward.

Posted on May 22, 2020 2:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2020 5:10 AM

You really need to contact Apple Support if you have not already.

Contacting Apple Support:

Phone Support Info:

FYI: These are user-only forums. This is not Apple Support. if you need to contact Apple Support, then contact product and tech support:  Contacting Apple for support and service including international calling numbers.

Axel F.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2020 5:10 AM in response to clacy880

You really need to contact Apple Support if you have not already.

Contacting Apple Support:

Phone Support Info:

FYI: These are user-only forums. This is not Apple Support. if you need to contact Apple Support, then contact product and tech support:  Contacting Apple for support and service including international calling numbers.

Axel F.

2018 MacBook Air Battery Failure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.