Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Birthday Calendar unchecking

“Show Birthdays” calendar keeps unchecking itself. It’s remains on, on my iPhone and iPad, but on my MacBook Pro it keeps unchecking itself. I have all my calendars synced through iCloud. All devices are up to date. Does anyone have any idea what the issue might be?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on May 22, 2020 9:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2020 2:01 PM

Hi,

For anyone searching for this same issue, I found an entry by keg55, who suggested signing out of iCloud and signing back in again. This action fixed the problem for me. Prior to signing out you will be asked whether you want to keep a copy of your data. I chose to do this and suffered no ill effects and it possibly sped up the process of re-synching my data once I signed back in. Birthdays now remain on, and I no longer have reason to send awkward emails wishing friends happy birthday, after the fact. Thanks keg55.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2020 2:01 PM in response to murmur11000

Hi,

For anyone searching for this same issue, I found an entry by keg55, who suggested signing out of iCloud and signing back in again. This action fixed the problem for me. Prior to signing out you will be asked whether you want to keep a copy of your data. I chose to do this and suffered no ill effects and it possibly sped up the process of re-synching my data once I signed back in. Birthdays now remain on, and I no longer have reason to send awkward emails wishing friends happy birthday, after the fact. Thanks keg55.

May 24, 2020 9:06 AM in response to murmur11000

Hi murmur11000,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. I understand you're having some difficulties with the Birthdays calendar within macOS Catalina. I'd be happy to help.

If your issue is only happening on your Mac and not your iOS devices that would imply the issue may be with the software on your Mac. Before we continue further do you have a back up? If not that's alright. It's always recommended to have a back up before troubleshooting potential issues. If you'd like to make a back up here is a great resource: Back up your Mac with Time Machine

After you have a recent back up your next step would be to see if the behaviour is replicated in a test user account. Here is a great article on using a test user to isolate issues: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Here's a good resource on how the Birthdays calendar functions:

Show or hide the Birthdays calendar on Mac

Cheers.

Birthday Calendar unchecking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.