Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to print from router using my Epson Printer

How to print from router?

I have been trying to set up my Epson L130 printer to print via my Nokia G-140W-C router. I have enabled printer sharing on my router (see the screenshot 1). I have also added printer to my mac by setting up a network printer. But when I attempt to print, it doesn't print and I get an error message in my printer queue - "Stopped - 'Filter' failed". I am trying this on a early 2014 macbook pro running macOS High Sierra 10.13.3

Enabled printer sharing under router USB settings.

Printer settings I am using to set it up:

Print queue after giving print command:

For almost five hours now, I have been trying to get my router fire the print but to no success. Have also tried numerous combinations of the Address syntax and protocol while adding the printer here in mac, as well as various other combinations to set it up via add printer in windows 10 - both sets of attempt totally failed me.

Request if you all could please help me to figure out what's going wrong. Also let me know should you need anything else from my side.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on May 23, 2020 4:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 23, 2020 8:29 AM

I was able to make this work in my Windows 10 laptop by adding login credentials under port settings after adding the network printer.

I added the printer using this address:

http://192.168.1.254:631/printers/epson_l130_series_255

After adding the printer, I clicked on printer properties, and under "port settings" I had an option to enter username and password. Once I entered the credentials, voila! it started working. Now all this was in Windows 10.

Now can someone pls help me on how to pass login credentials in mac when the macbook is sending command to the printer address in router. I checked under advanced option in add printer but couldn't locate any option to pass credentials. See the screenshot below:

Please help me finding where and how can I pass login credentials along with the printer ip address. Fyi, my router doesn't support enable printer sharing without a password.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 23, 2020 8:29 AM in response to harshjain100

I was able to make this work in my Windows 10 laptop by adding login credentials under port settings after adding the network printer.

I added the printer using this address:

http://192.168.1.254:631/printers/epson_l130_series_255

After adding the printer, I clicked on printer properties, and under "port settings" I had an option to enter username and password. Once I entered the credentials, voila! it started working. Now all this was in Windows 10.

Now can someone pls help me on how to pass login credentials in mac when the macbook is sending command to the printer address in router. I checked under advanced option in add printer but couldn't locate any option to pass credentials. See the screenshot below:

Please help me finding where and how can I pass login credentials along with the printer ip address. Fyi, my router doesn't support enable printer sharing without a password.

May 23, 2020 9:42 PM in response to BDAqua

So Finally have been able to make it work. Have passed login credentials in the printer address itself like this:

http://192.168.1.254:631/printers/epson_l130_series_255?username=Yaunfen&password=password

Afterwards, when we fire a print, it shows “hold for authentication” in the printer queue. We just need to click on small refresh circle on that print job next to pause button. A small window pops up asking for login credentials. Enter the same credentials and check the box where it says save in keychain. It won’t ask again and any print will go smoothly.

Phew! Figured all that out after hours of dredging online forums. Hope putting that here will help others.

How to print from router using my Epson Printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.