Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not set up Listen to Hey Siri.

I can not setup listen to Hey Siri option. Whenever i try to do so it asks me to say Hey Siri, I say that but the phone seems to not register my voice and asks me to try again. Tried everything from settings reset to complete reset, nothing works. Siri works fine from the side button.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on May 23, 2020 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2020 2:56 PM

Thanks for your response. I followed the steps but still not able to set it up. When I try to set up Listen to hey Siri it asks me to say Hey Siri to the phone, I do so multiple times but it says Siri dint quite get it it please try again.

10 replies

May 23, 2020 2:22 PM in response to harsh298

If Siri or "Hey Siri" isn't working - Apple Support

You said "complete reset" did you reset your phone or Siri ?

If you reset your phone then reset Siri...

Go to...Settings...Apple ID (your name)...iCloud...turn Siri Off...then just above...Manage Storage...Siri...Disable & Delete...

Restart your phone...go back to...Settings...Apple ID (your name)...iCloud...turn Siri On...

Go to Settings...Siri & Search...and try again...

If it was Siri you reset go to a place with a very strong Cellular signal and try again...

May 31, 2020 5:22 PM in response to Sherkoehler1

After all diagnostics they think there is a problem with the front mic.(Final conclusion will be given this Wednesday )

Try to record video with front camera speaking softly and loud and see if it records your voice or not.

Also try to record voice messages in the message app in a low tone and high tone and see if it records everything or not.

Please do all this in a silent room.

Share your experience, you might have the same issue as mine.

Can not set up Listen to Hey Siri.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.