Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem getting deleted photos to sync OFF of devices

I’ve deleted photos via icloud.com but they’re still showing up on my iPhone. iCloud.com said they would be removed from all devices but they’re still on the devices.

details: my iphone is approaching full capacity. I decided to make a backup of the phone, download old photos from iCloud.com (in zip files) and delete them from iCloud.com. The delete warning said the pictures would remove them from all devices. That was done 8 days ago and the photos are still on my iPhone. iPhone is starting to uninstall apps to make room to operate so am hoping to get some help with removing photos. Short of having to select them all on my phone manually. A tough chore for 7,000 photos..even with the swipe-to-select-multiple capability...

iPhone 11, 13

Posted on May 23, 2020 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2020 10:05 AM

FYI: I don’t want to use the optimize photos option because I don’t have good service for Internet all the time, when I’m wanting to look at photos. Itd be great if there was a way to optimize only photos over, say, 10 years old but alas...

Similar questions

4 replies

Problem getting deleted photos to sync OFF of devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.