Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot get updates for El Capitan

This is just loverly. When I try to get updates to El Capitan my one login says the items were purchased (?) by another user. When I use an older id I get a response the id has never need used with the Apple store. When i try to check my account as the merror message says, I get another error message the App Store is having problems, for the past week. What gives? Did Microsoft's script kiddie sneak in and recode the App Store?

Mac Pro, OS X 10.11

Posted on May 23, 2020 10:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2020 6:53 AM

Hello GleasonFan,

It sounds like you are attempting to update your macOS, however you're receiving some error messages. For El Capitan the latest version is 10.11.6 so if you are there, there is no update unless you go for Sierra or newer. Otherwise it sounds like you are having an issue with either accounts or permissions, check out these articles for support.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Resolve issues caused by changing the permissions of items in your home folder

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2020 6:53 AM in response to GleasonFan

Hello GleasonFan,

It sounds like you are attempting to update your macOS, however you're receiving some error messages. For El Capitan the latest version is 10.11.6 so if you are there, there is no update unless you go for Sierra or newer. Otherwise it sounds like you are having an issue with either accounts or permissions, check out these articles for support.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Resolve issues caused by changing the permissions of items in your home folder

Cheers!

Cannot get updates for El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.