Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TCP Port 7000 Flooding

I work at a noc for an ISP.

We monitor for TCP and udp traffic at a rate of over 10 thousand packets per second.

For the third time now I have seen an apple product that is trying to make outbound connections over tcp port 7000 at over 10k pps.

These are always to a local networ that the apple device is not currently living on. For instance, if the apple device is given a 10.0.0.1/24 address it will be continuously trying to connect to something in the 192.168.1.0/24 range (just as an example, it could be any network it had previously been connected to).

This has happened on a macbooks and Iphones now at two different geographical locations.

I know the port 7000 flooding has something to do with airplay and it looking for devices that it was connected to previously that no longer exist.

So my question basically is, how can i completely reset airplay services so they have no memory of previously connected devices so I can get our hardware to stop alarming for high pps.

This behavior is persistent through reboots and even OS upgrades.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

iPhone XS

Posted on May 23, 2020 5:13 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

TCP Port 7000 Flooding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.