Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No place to enter icloud verification code on MacBook

iCloud is asking me to submit a verification code on my MacBook but there is no place to enter the code. I receive the code on my iPad but can not enter the verification code on my MacBook.

I am able to verify my account on the "manage my account" page but this does nothing to resolve the iCloud issue. Multiple times a day I receive a pop up window saying the iCloud needs my password. I enter my password, but then it required 2FA, which I can not resolve because there is no place to enter the code received on my other authentication device.

I have tried in my Security settings, but am also unable to disable two factor authentication on my MacBook.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on May 23, 2020 6:05 PM

2 replies

May 23, 2020 11:32 PM in response to gianna140

Enter with your Apple ID and password at www.icloud.com , don't enter admin password rather click on cancel .

Then enter few starting alphabets of Apple ID they will automatically filled up , click on enter key the password field will also be filled up automatically , again click on enter key .

Click on allow in maps , a code will be displayed on the Mac desktop( slightly drag and drop the code window you will see empty verification field ) enter the code , if you click on trust this browser it will not ask for code .

If you didn't get the verification code , click on resend .

This method is used when another iPhone / iPad is " not " signed in with same Apple ID and password on the same network .

In your case the iPad is signed in with same Apple ID and password thats the reason its showing the code on it , you have to use that code , come to Mac and enter the code and get it signed in .

See the articles https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204915

https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204974

Note : once 2FA is created in new versions of Mac / iPhone it can't be disabled .

See some screen shots .

No place to enter icloud verification code on MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.