Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The videos I upload from my iPhone won't play back

I have a mac book air running El Capitan 10.11.6 and the videos I upload from my iPhone won't play back in photos or quick time on the mac. What app do I need to use? or what version do I need to update to?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13", OS X 10.11

Posted on May 24, 2020 6:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2020 3:03 PM

Hello shawlo6256.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. If I'm understanding correctly, you are having some trouble with playing videos on your Mac that were transferred from your iPhone 11 Pro. I will be glad to assist.

From the description of the issue it sounds like you have the High Efficiency option enabled in your Camera settings. This option requires macOS High Sierra or later. Learn more about this, and how to change the setting to "Most Compatible" in the link below:

Using HEIF or HEVC media on Apple devices

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2020 3:03 PM in response to shawlo6256

Hello shawlo6256.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. If I'm understanding correctly, you are having some trouble with playing videos on your Mac that were transferred from your iPhone 11 Pro. I will be glad to assist.

From the description of the issue it sounds like you have the High Efficiency option enabled in your Camera settings. This option requires macOS High Sierra or later. Learn more about this, and how to change the setting to "Most Compatible" in the link below:

Using HEIF or HEVC media on Apple devices

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers.

The videos I upload from my iPhone won't play back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.