You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Confusing my AppleID photo and my wife's.

When I go to System Preferences/Apple ID on my Catalina iMac, I see my name, but often I see my wife's photo. I change the photo, but it doesn't stick. Sometimes when I go to Family Sharing and see my photo with here name (she is the organizer). This confusion happens on both machines and our iPhones and iPads, and has been happening occasionally for years.

Any idea what's happening?

iMac 27" 5K, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 24, 2020 7:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 24, 2020 9:07 AM

Contacts change periodically too.

What I have are contacts for 3 people on my iCloud, including myself and my wife. All the rest of the contacts are on my wife's iCloud. We need to share contacts.

When I started writing this message, "All Contacts" had "My Card" with two entries with my name. One had my face, and the other had my wife's face. The one with my wife's face was in her iCloud.

I went to her computer and saw her "My Card" had me. I told it that her card was "My Card" and went back to my computer.

My computer now has two "My Card" entries, one with my name and face, the other with my wife's name and face.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 24, 2020 9:07 AM in response to Eric Root

Contacts change periodically too.

What I have are contacts for 3 people on my iCloud, including myself and my wife. All the rest of the contacts are on my wife's iCloud. We need to share contacts.

When I started writing this message, "All Contacts" had "My Card" with two entries with my name. One had my face, and the other had my wife's face. The one with my wife's face was in her iCloud.

I went to her computer and saw her "My Card" had me. I told it that her card was "My Card" and went back to my computer.

My computer now has two "My Card" entries, one with my name and face, the other with my wife's name and face.

Confusing my AppleID photo and my wife's.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.