Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trackpad and keyboard freeze after sleep mode on 15' MBP 2019

Hi there!

Well, here we go again. Another MBP issue with trackpad and keyboard. This is so frustrating. And this is very common issue.

As the title say - when my MacBook goes to sleep mode and I wake it up for some time trackpad and keyboard not responsive at all.

I tried all the possible solutions that available online. Resetting SMC, NVRAM, trackpad/power saving settings. Also ran a bunch of system/hardware diagnostics, nothing helped and didn't find any issues. All the system software is up to date. In fact, this is issue is present for more 6 than six months and none of the updates during this time made any changes. Also visited Genius Bar back in December or January, but that guy was totally useless and my problem still exists.

I`m kind of loosing hope and don't know what else to do. :(

pmset -g

System-wide power settings:

Currently in use:

standbydelaylow      10800

standby              1

womp                 1

halfdim              1

hibernatefile        /var/vm/sleepimage

proximitywake        1

powernap             1

gpuswitch            2

networkoversleep     0

disksleep            10

standbydelayhigh     86400

sleep                15 (sleep prevented by Music, coreaudiod)

hibernatemode        3

ttyskeepawake        1

displaysleep         15

tcpkeepalive         1

highstandbythreshold 50

acwake               0

lidwake              1

^ Everything is pretty much default. And I didn't find in pmset options anything related to trackpad or keyboard.

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 24, 2020 11:55 AM

3 replies

Trackpad and keyboard freeze after sleep mode on 15' MBP 2019

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.