Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 13.5 update today iPhone 8 issues

Hi, so I logged onto my computer to do a few things when iTunes notified me that it needed to be updated great, it completed that then iTunes said iOS 13.5 was available and asked if I wanted to update which I never had issues with doing before so I attempted to do so.

While in the process it continually kept stopping and saying it could not complete the update, I tried several times it got to the point where it had me enter my passcode into iPhone my after the computer completed unpacking and installing iOS 13.5 file and then it just quit and said it failed again.

I then tried again but it stopped recognizing that my iPhone was connected and started showing the pic where it wants you to plug your iPhone into the computer. Now my computer does not recognize that my iPhone is plugged in nor does my iPhone recognize that it is plugged in.

I have already checked the cable for any flaws there is nothing visibly wrong with it and it was working fine through the entire updating process, so it's not the cable.

I have hard booted the iPhone 8 until the apple is showing and it jumps right back to the cable insert to computer screen after about half a second of the apple screen. The iPhone still never recognizes when it is connected, nor the computer.

I have completely uninstalled iTunes, then shut down and restarted my computer, then reinstalled iTunes (the latest version) and attempt everything again and the iPhone is still unrecognized by the computer or visa versa and it still always keeps showing the insert the cable into the computer screen with the web address support.apple.com/iphone/restore at the very top of the iPhone 8 screen.

If you're wondering the answer is yes, I have gone to that web address and attempted all steps to fix it and nothing is working at all.

I could use any help if someone out there knows how to fix this issue. This is the first time I've ever had this big of a problem with any iPhone I've ever owned even as far back as my iPhone 3G. There is almost no physical dmg on my iPhone 8 it was working 100% perfectly before attempting to do this recent iOS 13.5 update.

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on May 24, 2020 5:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2020 9:00 PM

This resolution is for Windows 10 Computer/PC Users.

Well, I found out the resolution to my own issue. Yes!!! So I thought I would post it for anyone else who is having this amazing frightening and annoying issue. Frightening because you think you just lost your $600.00 smart phone and annoying because no one anywhere explains how to fix this issue, except me for a Windows/PC computer.

So, if the problem you are experiencing is that your iPhone 8 or higher model is -

#1 Permanently stuck (In DFU Mode) on the screen in this webpage link that should be at the top of your screwed up iPhone screen support.apple.com/iphone/restore and your iPhone is also:

#2 Magically no longer being recognized by your computer when you connect it with your apple iPhone USB to your computer then,

#3 This is how to fix your iPhone:

1. Go into File Explorer

1. Choose the Hard Drive which has Windows installed on it, this is in most cases the (C:) drive. Double click on it.
  2. Now find the folder named Program Files, this folder may be a little ways down the list. Once you find it double click into it -
  3. Now find the folder named Common Files, double click into it -
  4. Now find the folder named Apple, double click into it -
  5. Now find the folder named Mobile Device Support, double click into it -
  6. Now find the folder named Drivers, double click into it -
  7. Now in this folder there is a file titled usbaapl64 (the file will look like a piece of paper with a gear in the bottom right corner) and the file Type will be Setup Information. Left mouse click on the file once, this will select the file and the entire file will become highlighted in grey. Connect your iPhone before completing the next step.
  8. Now that the file is highlighted in grey right-click the file and it will provide a drop down menu. Choose the second option down - Install. Be sure your iPhone is connected with your USB cable when completing this step, it should make the noise letting you know it has detected the iPhone.
  9. Now iTunes and your computer will detect your iPhone again and you can restore the iPhone to the newest iOS software.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2020 9:00 PM in response to dmfox77

This resolution is for Windows 10 Computer/PC Users.

Well, I found out the resolution to my own issue. Yes!!! So I thought I would post it for anyone else who is having this amazing frightening and annoying issue. Frightening because you think you just lost your $600.00 smart phone and annoying because no one anywhere explains how to fix this issue, except me for a Windows/PC computer.

So, if the problem you are experiencing is that your iPhone 8 or higher model is -

#1 Permanently stuck (In DFU Mode) on the screen in this webpage link that should be at the top of your screwed up iPhone screen support.apple.com/iphone/restore and your iPhone is also:

#2 Magically no longer being recognized by your computer when you connect it with your apple iPhone USB to your computer then,

#3 This is how to fix your iPhone:

1. Go into File Explorer

1. Choose the Hard Drive which has Windows installed on it, this is in most cases the (C:) drive. Double click on it.
  2. Now find the folder named Program Files, this folder may be a little ways down the list. Once you find it double click into it -
  3. Now find the folder named Common Files, double click into it -
  4. Now find the folder named Apple, double click into it -
  5. Now find the folder named Mobile Device Support, double click into it -
  6. Now find the folder named Drivers, double click into it -
  7. Now in this folder there is a file titled usbaapl64 (the file will look like a piece of paper with a gear in the bottom right corner) and the file Type will be Setup Information. Left mouse click on the file once, this will select the file and the entire file will become highlighted in grey. Connect your iPhone before completing the next step.
  8. Now that the file is highlighted in grey right-click the file and it will provide a drop down menu. Choose the second option down - Install. Be sure your iPhone is connected with your USB cable when completing this step, it should make the noise letting you know it has detected the iPhone.
  9. Now iTunes and your computer will detect your iPhone again and you can restore the iPhone to the newest iOS software.

iOS 13.5 update today iPhone 8 issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.