Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot send myself an email on iCloud acount

I get this pop up saying after sending myself an e-mail:

Verify that you have addressed this message correctly. Check your SMTP server settings in Mail preferences and verify any advanced settings with your system administrator.

The server response was: <cpe-xxx-xxx-xxx-xx-socal.res.rr.com[xxx.xxx.xxx.xx]>: Client host rejected: Access denied

Select a different outgoing mail server from the list below or click Try Later to leave the message in your Outbox until it can be sent.

Sending from: xxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx <xxxxxxxxxxxxx@icloud.com>

MacBook

Posted on May 24, 2020 8:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2020 11:02 AM

Hi KAFB1020,

I understand you are unable to send yourself an email from you @iCloud.com email address.

First, I would recommend following the steps here: Get help using iCloud Mail.

If the issue persists, I would recommend removing and re-adding the account. You can learn how to do so here: Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac.

Hope this helps! Feel free to write back if you require further assistance.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2020 11:02 AM in response to KAFB1020

Hi KAFB1020,

I understand you are unable to send yourself an email from you @iCloud.com email address.

First, I would recommend following the steps here: Get help using iCloud Mail.

If the issue persists, I would recommend removing and re-adding the account. You can learn how to do so here: Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac.

Hope this helps! Feel free to write back if you require further assistance.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

Cannot send myself an email on iCloud acount

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.