Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air 2020 Fan Sound

Hi, I just bought the new macbook air 2020 early last week and just today that I heard very loud sound, assumedly the fan cooling sound, from the machine while I was doing my online study. It was so annoying. Can anyone help explain where the sound comes from? And how to resolve it?

Posted on May 24, 2020 10:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2020 11:36 PM

Hello Jeng,

Since the last incident, has the fan sound been constant? In other words, do you still hear it every time you turn on your computer and do some work with it or was that the only time? The fans come on when a component within your MacBook Air gets hot which triggers the fans to cool it down.

Next time it happens then open ACTIVITY MONITOR app on your MacBook Air. While in the app check with process or an app is using up the CPU by percentage. That will give you an idea of what is causing that behavior and troubleshoot from there.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2020 11:36 PM in response to Jeng44

Hello Jeng,

Since the last incident, has the fan sound been constant? In other words, do you still hear it every time you turn on your computer and do some work with it or was that the only time? The fans come on when a component within your MacBook Air gets hot which triggers the fans to cool it down.

Next time it happens then open ACTIVITY MONITOR app on your MacBook Air. While in the app check with process or an app is using up the CPU by percentage. That will give you an idea of what is causing that behavior and troubleshoot from there.

Axel F.

Macbook Air 2020 Fan Sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.