Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook air 2020 version fan

I purchased my mac book air 2020 "13" last week. For the first few days it was fine but then from yesterday after ten minutes of me using it I heard a loud noise coming from it. It sounded like a loud fan.

It is obviously the fan inside the computer.

Please advise if this is normal or if there is a fault. Its very difficult to work with this fan noise going on in the background.

I look forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nina

MacBook Air

Posted on May 29, 2020 11:16 AM

2 replies

May 29, 2020 1:07 PM in response to ninaparrello

With the information provided we cannot tell whether it's normal or not. I suggest that you make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service after the stores re-open. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. Also, see How to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Distributor (AAD). You may also get Apple authorized service at a local Best Buy.

"Your Apple-branded or Beats-branded hardware product (“Product”) is warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of ONE (1) YEAR from the date of original retail purchase (“Warranty Period”) when used in accordance with Apple`s user manuals (refer to www.apple.com/support/country). Under this warranty, you will be able to direct your claims to Apple even in situations where you purchased the Apple Product from a third party.” [Apple One (1) Year Limited Warranty – Accessory - For Apple and Beats Branded Products Only.]

macbook air 2020 version fan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.