Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2009/2010 MacBook Pro is stuck on startup and has a DVD stuck inside it

My 2009/2010 MacBook pro running OS X Snow Leopard got stuck on startup a few years ago. I had pressed the power button to turn it off after it became unresponsive. When I turned it back on, it never gets past the Apple logo with the spinning wheel. None of the keyboard shortcuts for boot options seem to work. I also cannot insert the OS disc because there is a DVD stuck inside from when the computer still worked. The DVD will not eject when I press the eject button during startup. How can I get it to work again or retrieve the files?

MacBook Pro

Posted on May 25, 2020 1:17 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

May 25, 2020 10:03 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

Thanks. That worked for ejecting the DVD. Now, I booted it with the OS Disc and am running Disk Utility from startup. Both the Macintosh hard drive and the BOOTCAMP hard drive seem to be intact on here, yet most people with the never-ending loading screen supposedly have hard drive failures. What should I do on Disk Utility to get it to start up normally?

2009/2010 MacBook Pro is stuck on startup and has a DVD stuck inside it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.