Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add Location to photos

Hi,

I was in Vegas last summer and I assumed I had my location services on, but when I look at the photos now the location does not appear at the top of the photos.

Is there any way to add a location to these photos now? Or another app capable of doing this?

My location services is currently on now.

Thanks

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on May 25, 2020 2:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2020 3:05 AM

If you have Mac, the best would be Photos App. You can edit the EXIF Metadata. You can even assign a location for the Photos

View and add information about photos

You use the Info window to view or change information about photos.

1. In the Photos app  on your Mac, double-click a photo to view it, then click the Info button  in the toolbar or press Command-I.
  2. Edit any of the following:
  • Title: Enter a name in the Title field.
    • Tip: To quickly add titles to photos right in the main Photos window, choose View > Metadata > Titles, click the field that appears under a photo when you hold the pointer over it, then type a name.
    • Description: Enter a caption in the Description field.
    • Favourite: Click the Favourite button  to mark the photo as a favourite. Click the button again to unmark it.
  • Keywords: Enter keywords in the Keywords field. As you type, Photos suggests keywords that you’ve used before. Press Enter when you’ve finished a keyword.
    • To remove a keyword, select it and press Delete.
  • People: Click the Add button  and type a name to identify a person.
    • To identify multiple people in a photo, click the Add button  and drag the face identifier over each person you want to identify.
    • Location: Enter a location in the Location field. To change a location, search for a different location or drag a pin on the map. (You can’t assign a location if your computer is not connected to the Internet.)

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2020 3:05 AM in response to ProustGiulio

If you have Mac, the best would be Photos App. You can edit the EXIF Metadata. You can even assign a location for the Photos

View and add information about photos

You use the Info window to view or change information about photos.

1. In the Photos app  on your Mac, double-click a photo to view it, then click the Info button  in the toolbar or press Command-I.
  2. Edit any of the following:
  • Title: Enter a name in the Title field.
    • Tip: To quickly add titles to photos right in the main Photos window, choose View > Metadata > Titles, click the field that appears under a photo when you hold the pointer over it, then type a name.
    • Description: Enter a caption in the Description field.
    • Favourite: Click the Favourite button  to mark the photo as a favourite. Click the button again to unmark it.
  • Keywords: Enter keywords in the Keywords field. As you type, Photos suggests keywords that you’ve used before. Press Enter when you’ve finished a keyword.
    • To remove a keyword, select it and press Delete.
  • People: Click the Add button  and type a name to identify a person.
    • To identify multiple people in a photo, click the Add button  and drag the face identifier over each person you want to identify.
    • Location: Enter a location in the Location field. To change a location, search for a different location or drag a pin on the map. (You can’t assign a location if your computer is not connected to the Internet.)

May 25, 2020 2:48 AM in response to Brian--M

Brian--M wrote:

@proustgiulio Is there any free apps do you know of? When you edit it with these apps, and save it back to photos, will the location stay on the photos when you save it back?

I do not use those apps, but the vast majority of them should be free (or offer in-app purchases afterwords). Give them a try.

Of course, they should have the capability of saving your photos back to your camera roll, after editing them.

Regards

Giulio

Add Location to photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.