Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook connect to JBL Flip 3 via bluetooth

when trying to connect my jbl flip3 speaker to my MacBook the device does not appear in the bluetooth preferences

Posted on May 25, 2020 7:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2020 2:28 PM

Hi there, Highwaychristianchurch,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities for help pairing a Bluetooth speaker to your MacBook Pro. I'd be happy to help!

I see your speaker, a JBL Flip 3, does not appear in the Bluetooth Preferences pane in System Preferences. This could be happening for a couple of reasons, and I'd recommend first making sure the speaker is not currently connected to another device. While you can generally pair Bluetooth speakers with multiple devices, you can only be actively connected to one at a time in most situations. If you have the speaker paired with another computer, an iOS device, etc, turn Bluetooth off on the other device or power the other device down.

Once you've verified the speaker is not actively connected to another device, you must place the speaker into discoverable mode per the pairing instructions found in Connect a Bluetooth device with your Mac - Apple Support. If you're not sure how to do that, you'll want to check the JBL Flip 3 user manual for instructions: JBL Flip 3 Quick Start Guide.

The speaker should then appear in your Bluetooth Preferences pane, but if not don't hesitate to respond back.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2020 2:28 PM in response to Highwaychristianchurch

Hi there, Highwaychristianchurch,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities for help pairing a Bluetooth speaker to your MacBook Pro. I'd be happy to help!

I see your speaker, a JBL Flip 3, does not appear in the Bluetooth Preferences pane in System Preferences. This could be happening for a couple of reasons, and I'd recommend first making sure the speaker is not currently connected to another device. While you can generally pair Bluetooth speakers with multiple devices, you can only be actively connected to one at a time in most situations. If you have the speaker paired with another computer, an iOS device, etc, turn Bluetooth off on the other device or power the other device down.

Once you've verified the speaker is not actively connected to another device, you must place the speaker into discoverable mode per the pairing instructions found in Connect a Bluetooth device with your Mac - Apple Support. If you're not sure how to do that, you'll want to check the JBL Flip 3 user manual for instructions: JBL Flip 3 Quick Start Guide.

The speaker should then appear in your Bluetooth Preferences pane, but if not don't hesitate to respond back.

Cheers!

MacBook connect to JBL Flip 3 via bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.