Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music

The app keeps downloading songs even though I’ve deleted them multiple times. What should I do?

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on May 25, 2020 5:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2020 4:36 PM

Greetings ES555,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand music is unexpectedly being added to your Apple Music library.

Are the songs from Shazam? Check out how songs can automatically be added to Apple Music from Shazam from the following article: Use Shazam with Apple Music, Snapchat, and more - Apple Support

"If you don’t want Shazam to automatically add songs to Apple Music, in Shazam on iPhone or iPad tap the library button, tap the settings button, then turn off "Auto-add Shazams to Apple Music.""

If the music isn't associated with Shazam, is it possible you're sharing an Apple ID? The following article shows how to check your Apple ID device list: Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in - Apple Support

Kind regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2020 4:36 PM in response to ES555

Greetings ES555,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand music is unexpectedly being added to your Apple Music library.

Are the songs from Shazam? Check out how songs can automatically be added to Apple Music from Shazam from the following article: Use Shazam with Apple Music, Snapchat, and more - Apple Support

"If you don’t want Shazam to automatically add songs to Apple Music, in Shazam on iPhone or iPad tap the library button, tap the settings button, then turn off "Auto-add Shazams to Apple Music.""

If the music isn't associated with Shazam, is it possible you're sharing an Apple ID? The following article shows how to check your Apple ID device list: Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in - Apple Support

Kind regards.

Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.