Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari videos auto dimming.

Is there a way to prevent videos viewed in safari to not auto dim? What happens is ill be watching a video and the brightness dims about maybe half or more and stays like that until i Interact in any way. Auto brightness is disabled. Light and dark mode is not on automatic. Iphone 11, ios 13.4.1.

iPhone 11

Posted on May 25, 2020 5:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2020 5:52 PM

Ive always had auto lock at 3 minutes. when the screen dims, its always after about 5 seconds. I remember thinking it mightve been the attention thing, but ive tried exaggerating that i am paying 100% attention to my phone but it doesnt make a difference.

EDIT: oh wait ive found it. ive turned on attention aware features in the settings. not 100% sure if its the right thing yet though.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2020 5:52 PM in response to jeremy_v

Ive always had auto lock at 3 minutes. when the screen dims, its always after about 5 seconds. I remember thinking it mightve been the attention thing, but ive tried exaggerating that i am paying 100% attention to my phone but it doesnt make a difference.

EDIT: oh wait ive found it. ive turned on attention aware features in the settings. not 100% sure if its the right thing yet though.

May 26, 2020 4:57 PM in response to Sinsanatis

Hi Sinsanatis,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today. It sounds like you are concerned about videos dimming in Safari. Disabling Auto-brightness was a good step.

Next, let's go to Settings > Display & Brightness > Auto-Lock. If you have it set to 30 Seconds, and look at your screen, then attention would be detected and the screen won't dim. If you think you might be looking away for longer periods of time, you can set Auto-Lock somewhere between 30 seconds and Never. This should prevent screen dimming.

Have a fantastic day!

Safari videos auto dimming.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.