Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Appletv Home Videos not Appearing in DCIM to transfer

Hey All,

Appreciate any help here if possible. I have an iPad air, software version 12.4.6. Several years ago I loaded some educational classes onto my system and need to transfer them off. Only problem is that the videos do not show in the DCIM when the iPad is synced with other systems. The videos play fine through appletv on the iPad, and I can see the files when I go to manage storage (I can only delete them here, not copy, move, etc..). I've tried turning the iCloud sync off, per online recommendations, but receive an error saying that it cant download 5000 high res photos so it will have to delete low res. I think I'm hoping to avoid that, but I'm a bit unsure of what it even means.

Just looking to upload these home movies to Google drive and have not come across a drag and drop option, or similar method.

Be happy to provide any more details as necessary, and again thank you for any input you may have.

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on May 25, 2020 6:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2020 6:28 PM

Hello,

I am sorry, you cannot transfer Home Videos out of the TV application. You will need to extract these from the computer that had originally synchronized these videos.

Similar questions

1 reply

Appletv Home Videos not Appearing in DCIM to transfer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.