Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Videos in Photosdon't transfer to Apple TV album

I can transfer videos I take on my iPhone 12 Pro to Photos in my Mac (version 11.5.2). I then organize my photos and videos into albums (typically albums are categorized by year). I then share my Photos albums to my Apple TV ((Model A1842 32 GB). I open Apple TV and click on "Computers" which opens my library, and then allows me to open my albums. When I open an album I see all photos associated with that album, but the videos do not appear. It seems the videos are not transferring from the album on my Mac to the corresponding album in Apple TV. FYI, in the past my videos in Photos in my Mac did transfer to Apple TV, but some time during the past6 - 12 months, the videos quit transferring to albums in Apple TV. I got the iPhone 12 Pro 9 months ago ... not sure if this is when the transfer issue began. Not sure if this issue relates to iPhone 12 Pro, my Mac or Apple TV device. Can you please give me some ideas as to why the videos from my Mac Photos are not visible in Apple TV

Thank you,

HDP

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Sep 15, 2021 5:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2021 10:06 AM

Banco - The issue is now resolved, but it took quite a bit of work with an Apple Senior Technician, who was absolutely outstanding in helping me. While I can share pictures from Photos on my Mac with Apple TV - by using the COMPUTERS app > My Library > Photos - this process will not share the videos taken on my iPhone 12 Pro within Photos, to the Apple TV. The solution was for me to subscribe to iCloud storage, so now the photos and videos within Photos on my Mac are all shared to Apple TV - now through the Apple TV PHOTOS app, and not the COMPUTERS app. It would have been nice to avoid the $9.99 monthly iCloud storage fee to solve this issue, but in fact there is a silver lining in switching to iCloud storage, which now allows me to integrate photos / videos / documents on all my Apple devices (iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple TV). Frustrating at first, then a happy ending.

Thank you for your interest,

HDP

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2021 10:06 AM in response to Banco_Solidoli

Banco - The issue is now resolved, but it took quite a bit of work with an Apple Senior Technician, who was absolutely outstanding in helping me. While I can share pictures from Photos on my Mac with Apple TV - by using the COMPUTERS app > My Library > Photos - this process will not share the videos taken on my iPhone 12 Pro within Photos, to the Apple TV. The solution was for me to subscribe to iCloud storage, so now the photos and videos within Photos on my Mac are all shared to Apple TV - now through the Apple TV PHOTOS app, and not the COMPUTERS app. It would have been nice to avoid the $9.99 monthly iCloud storage fee to solve this issue, but in fact there is a silver lining in switching to iCloud storage, which now allows me to integrate photos / videos / documents on all my Apple devices (iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple TV). Frustrating at first, then a happy ending.

Thank you for your interest,

HDP

Sep 16, 2021 9:59 PM in response to HDP

HDP

You know - I just checked my Computers app in Apple TV and I have the same issue as you!

Started from June 2020, almost all my videos are missing on Computers app - I see only random 8 videos from hundreds in Photos.

Not sure what is special with these 8 videos which finally transferred to Apple TV. I did not change iPhone, the files are in the same format.

I have:

AppleTV model A1842 with tvOS 14.7

iMac with Big Sur version 11.6

Photos Version 6.0 (361.0.100)

All videos recorded by iPhoneX.

Sep 19, 2021 10:38 AM in response to Banco_Solidoli

Banco - You are clearly on to something. I spent time yesterday with a senior Apple Engineer and he recognizes the issue, but had not been previously aware of it. He says tomorrow (9-20-21) TVOS 15 will be released and I should update my Apple TV software then (Apple TV > Settings > System > Software Update > Update Software). If this doesn't resolve the issue I will renew contact with him to resolve this.

HDP

Oct 12, 2021 6:33 PM in response to HDP11

HDP11, thank you for your update. I use subscription to iCloud storage as well, and I am pretty happy how it works with Apple TV PHOTOS app. Glad that it resolved your issue.

Unfortunately, I wanted to share my videos from non-system library, so I can not use Apple TV PHOTOS app, and have to use COMPUTERS app... So, your workaround does not work in my case.... :(

Videos in Photosdon't transfer to Apple TV album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.