Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have followed the instructions for deleting an app from Apple TV, but it does not delete. It simply goes back to the jiggling app. Any ideas?

I have followed the instructions on the Apple website to delete an app from my Apple TV 4K. But the selected app does not delete when I tap on the screen to confirm delete. It simply goes back to the jiggling app. Could I please have some instructions that will delete apps.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on May 25, 2020 7:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2020 9:01 PM

Highlight the app of your choice for this action.

Select-and-hold using the center of the touch surface of the remote, until the icon wiggles.

Use the Play/Pause button to bring up the contextual menu.

Vertically swipe to select ‘Delete’ from the options.

(Note that some default apps cannot be deleted, and won’t have a Delete option.)

Next, confirm the deletion, to avoid accidents.

Move and hide apps on your Apple TV - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2020 9:01 PM in response to Dg.cooper

Highlight the app of your choice for this action.

Select-and-hold using the center of the touch surface of the remote, until the icon wiggles.

Use the Play/Pause button to bring up the contextual menu.

Vertically swipe to select ‘Delete’ from the options.

(Note that some default apps cannot be deleted, and won’t have a Delete option.)

Next, confirm the deletion, to avoid accidents.

Move and hide apps on your Apple TV - Apple Support

May 26, 2020 12:16 AM in response to Urquhart1244

the missing information was the upward swipe. Other instructions merely said “select” . I found that tapping the touch surface was OK for the first delete, but the upward swipe was required to activate the confirmation. It had to be quite firm on the touch surface. The normal light touch didn’t get the reaction. Thanks for this. Apple need to update the instructions to include the vertical/upward swipe.

I have followed the instructions for deleting an app from Apple TV, but it does not delete. It simply goes back to the jiggling app. Any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.