Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes for Windows shows songs to sync but already on iPod

I have a Windows Surface Pro (5th Generation) with iTunes on it and I'm syncing a 7th Generation iPod Touch to iTunes. When I connect the iPod to the tablet and sync my music to the iPod, the iTunes on the Surface Pro shows some songs that are qued for syncing, but those songs already exist on the iPod.

This not only happens on my 7th Gen iPod, but with a iPhone 5c and a 4th Gen iPod Touch as well. I'm not using the iTunes that's availabe in the Microsoft Store, rather it's the 64 bit iTunes downloaded directly from Apple's servers (version 12.10.6). So is there a fix for this, or am I just going to have to live with it?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on May 26, 2020 9:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 12:03 AM

Well tried this but it didn't resolve my issue. Though I did get it fixed and here's how I did it. First I noticed that there was a newer version of iTunes available, so I updated it. I then noticed that all the albums and songs that were affected were one the I had purchased from the iTunes store, so I took a look in the preferences. I had noticed there that on Edit - Preferences - Devices window there was an option to "Reset Sync History" so I clicked on that. Once I did that and resynced my iPod, everything was fine!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2020 12:03 AM in response to Teddy_B

Well tried this but it didn't resolve my issue. Though I did get it fixed and here's how I did it. First I noticed that there was a newer version of iTunes available, so I updated it. I then noticed that all the albums and songs that were affected were one the I had purchased from the iTunes store, so I took a look in the preferences. I had noticed there that on Edit - Preferences - Devices window there was an option to "Reset Sync History" so I clicked on that. Once I did that and resynced my iPod, everything was fine!

May 27, 2020 9:19 AM in response to rasmith1959

Hello rasmith1959.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. If I'm understanding correctly, songs that already exist on your iPod are appearing in the iTunes queue to be synced. I will be glad to assist. I would suggest removing and reinstalling iTunes to see if that corrects this:

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers.

iTunes for Windows shows songs to sync but already on iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.