Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yosemite two-verification sign in frustrations

I am trying to sign into the app store from my MacBook Pro that is operating on OSX Yosemite and it is telling me to enter my apple ID and password, I then get a verification code sent to my phone, but I don't get the option on the MacBook to enter it. This is so frustrating, I want to update my operating system, but can't sign into the app store. Help.

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on May 26, 2020 9:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2020 10:04 AM

Get a code and then enter the password followed by the code into the password box. See the following from Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions—like an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)—you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in. Get your verification code from a trusted device running iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, or have it sent to your trusted phone number. Then type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2020 10:04 AM in response to yosemitehelp99

Get a code and then enter the password followed by the code into the password box. See the following from Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions—like an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)—you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in. Get your verification code from a trusted device running iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, or have it sent to your trusted phone number. Then type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field.

Yosemite two-verification sign in frustrations

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.