Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps and phone crashing randomly

After the update to iOS 13.5 (latest until now), my phone is crashing, my apps are crashing. Sometimes when an app crashes it reboots my phone. YouTube, Twitter, Coinbase, Instagram, Cashapp, are the few examples, where the phone literally rebooted. is anyone else experiencing this issue after updating to iOS 13.5v?

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on May 26, 2020 7:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2020 7:29 PM

Two things that I would like you to check-

1. Check for updates in the App Store manually and update all the apps that show up in the list. To do this
    • Open App Store App
    • Tap on your picture/image at top right
    • From the ensuing window that opens, touch on the center and pull down. That will refresh and show you which apps need updating
    • Tap on Update All

.2. Once the above is done then Try and Force ReStart Your iPhone-

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
    • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
    • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF)

Axel F.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2020 7:29 PM in response to immubeen

Two things that I would like you to check-

1. Check for updates in the App Store manually and update all the apps that show up in the list. To do this
    • Open App Store App
    • Tap on your picture/image at top right
    • From the ensuing window that opens, touch on the center and pull down. That will refresh and show you which apps need updating
    • Tap on Update All

.2. Once the above is done then Try and Force ReStart Your iPhone-

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
    • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
    • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF)

Axel F.

May 27, 2020 12:37 PM in response to immubeen

Apple Support will have you run the diagnostics and then examine it. They will have more insight on the issue based on having you either in person or on telephone. They will therefore be in a position to provide more accurate guidance.

As for me, I would ask you to Open Settings ➔ General ➔ Reset ➔ Reset All Settings. You will not lose any data however you will lose all your settings for your apps. If you have Apple Pay then you will have to setup your cards again. You will also have log in all your apps again.

Axel F.

Apps and phone crashing randomly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.